Wednesday, April 27
- Hot Lunch
- Early dismissal at 2:00 pm
- North Vancouver PAC meeting, 7-9 pm at Education Services Centre, 5th Floor - Mountainview Room, 2121 Lonsdale Avenue, North Vancouver BC
Thursday, April 28, Class photos!
Please see the school website for all of the dates, events, safety reminders, and a note of appreciation for the PAC-funded items provided! http://www.sd44.ca/school/canyonheights/About/newsletters/Documents/April%202016%20Newsletter.pdf
- No school next Monday, May 2 as school is closed for Staff Professional Development.
- The Mad As A Hatter Spring Gala - Saturday, May 14th at The View on Lonsdale from 6:30pm to midnight. It will feature silent and live auctions, a reception-style dinner, games and dancing. Auction items include getaways to Tofino and Palm Springs, as well as a round of golf at Big Sky, spa and wellness services, and delicious homemade goodies from some of our parents!
- If you are unable to attend the Gala, please consider supporting this great cause by sponsoring or donating an auction item. Donation forms are available in the school office or by contacting Serena Dulay at firstname.lastname@example.org and sponsorships can be purchased online, along with tickets for the more 'last minute' planners at Munchalunch.com. Thanks to all the hard work going into planning and preparations, it looks to be a fantastic night out!
- Another Parenting Workshop Evening is coming soon - please watch for the details of a workshop for helping parents consider ways to help their children be more resilient and responsible!
- The date for ordering Kidsworld Memberships approaches - please see "Sharing Community Events" page at the side of the blog for those details
- The Babysitting and Home Alone courses - please see last week's post in "Weekly Update Archives" at the side of the blog for all of the details for the upcoming course offerings for your children's participation and registration
- Invitation to the Cheakamus Centre Open house for parents, especially interesting if your children will be heading to Outdoor School!
Kudos and Thank-You
Freedom Friday Ride. Walk. Fly. Whatever.
What an amazing Freedom Friday we had!
It was a great turnout and our DJ, Christian from Tall Music, was awesome.
Hope you all had a wonderful time and got to enjoy a cup of coffee, donated generously, again, by Starbucks from Edgemont Village. Jordan Miller came by with his cargo bike - to add further inspiration to active transportation!
Thank you to both DNV Mayor Richard Walton and Councillor Matthew Bond for coming and riding their bikes to Canyon Heights.
Also, we were very excited to have NVSD, CBC Radio Canada and North Shore News doing stories to showcase our initiative. The Web Story that CBC did today is attached for you all to read and it also includes the radio interview link done this morning. There will be a TV Story that will be airing on Sunday April 24th – if you miss it we will send you a link for it next week.
Thank You to North Vancouver RCMP and the Community Policing for monitoring traffic for us. Over 40 drivers were clocked at speeds exceeding the posted 30km/hr in the School Zone.
As a friendly reminder – please ONLY use the School Drop Off/Pick Up Zone for that purpose only – there is NO PARKING there during posted times