We hope this blog becomes the place you will come to find out what is happening at Canyon Heights--events for you, your children, and our community, and importantly--how you can get involved! If you would like to know more about the blog you can contact our communications coordinator, Lynnel, via the comment section below! You can subscribe to the blog with your email and automatically stay up to date -
Did you know?
EVERY PARENT AT CANYON HEIGHTS IS PART OF THE PAC.
Make sure your voice is heard by coming out to our PAC meetings the first Monday of every month – the next one is November 2nd (7 pm in the library).
Want to know more about PAC meetings? Contact one of the PAC co-chairs today – Russ or Chantale, or use the comment section below.
What is happening right now with PAC?
We are still seeking Parent Class Representatives
- This is such an important role to keep your class parents up to date on what is happening both at the school and in their particular class – there is not a lot of work involved, but the role comes with a lot of satisfaction!
For more information contact Russ or Chantale, our PAC executive Co-Chairs.
We have some great events planned for both social and fundraising purposes!
- Family Photo Nights - October 19 and 20 still have a few spots available if you'd like to have your family photos done! Receive a 8x10 included in the sitting fee and have your photos ready before Christmas card season! You should have received a form home in your child’s planner to pick a spot.
- Family Movie Night - November 20, stay tuned for details and which movie will be shown!
Want to know more about fundraising and how you can get involved? Contact Serena or Sue
Want to know more about the social committee and how to get involved? Contact Nevasha or Linda
Or, use the comment section below
School Safety Update
- The District of North Vancouver (DNV) installed new signs at the school along with "No Idling" Signs provided by HasteBC. Thanks to Mike at DNV and Kerry at HasteBC!
- A reminder will be sent home for Comfort / Safety Kits – please remember to send one in for your child.
- A meeting for Metro Vancouver Community took place on October 14th – watch for an update soon!
Questions about school Safety? Contact Kulvir or Parham, our Safety Coordinators or use the comment section below
Lastly - we hope to hear from you- but you probably know that already! Please try out our comment section below--we'd love to know if this helps connect you with PAC activities, plans, or gives you a direct line to PAC executive members.